Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mickey and Minnie Mouse Ornaments

I am really into making Christmas presents. I have been searching for months for lots of ideas on Pinterest. I love all thing Disney, especially Mickey Mouse. I bought a pack of all red ornaments at Walmart for $4.97, a pack of white buttons (various sizes) for $0.50, a spool of red and white polka dot ribbon for 1.97. The paint, sharpie, and paintbrush I already had.
I started by making Mickey first. I used the metal ring top of a mason jar to mark the black area of the Mickey ornament. I have seen posts where the top part is colored in with a sharpie and post where it is painted with acrylic paint. I tried both. The sharpie takes much longer, but is shinier and dries faster. Be sure the take the metal top of the ornament off and color that area of the ornament as well. Once the top is colored/painted and dried hot glue the buttons on the red and he is done. It's that simple.
Minnie is equally as easy. Take the unused eraser end of a pencil and dip into white acrylic paint then stamp onto the red ornament. Be sure to have a random polka dot pattern. Allow to dry and attach the red and white polka dot ribbon. These made great gifts in sets of 2. I was able to make 4 sets for under $7.50. Everyone loved them. I'll be making more for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment