Friday, November 16, 2012

Roasting chicken in a crock pot

 
After doing some searching, I found a recipe for roasting a whole chicken in a crock pot.  I didn't have a whole chicken, only chicken thighs.  I placed a crock pot liner in the crock pot (makes clean up a snap) then placed a family pack of chicken in the crock pot.  I seasoned with salt and pepper and turned the crock pot on high.

4 hours later the house smells amazing.  I turned off the crockpot and allowed the chicken to cool for about an hour before shredding the chicken.


Once the chicken was cool, I shredded the chicken.  It was falling off the bone into the bowl, I didn't have to do much shredding.


 
I seperated the chicken into 3 baggies, labled them, and put them in the freezer for future use. 

I can use the precooked chicken to make a salad, encheladas, soup, or any of a million things.  I kept the bones, put them back in the crock pot with the chicken jucies and added 4 cups of water, turned the crock pot on low and allowed to make homemade chicken broth.  I then strained, and put into a freezer bag, labled and froze for future needs. 

Thats all for today, until next time keep pinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment